2.3
Additional Fees
Interest Rate
Privacy and Data Security

I made a payment using my credit card for my bi-weekly due last August 2, 2017, a day before the due date (Aug 3) for an item that I got through the lease-to-own program. I have done this practice before with no issues.

However today, when I reviewed my checking account online, I noticed that another charge has been made for the same pay period (Aug 3). When this lease-to-own account was set-up, the initial agreement was for them to deduct the payment via my checking account, or I can make the manual payment using a credit card via their website. When I called today (Aug 3) to have this double payment rectified and request for one to be cancelled, I was told that they cannot cancel one of the double payments made because the payment debited from my checking account is a "scheduled" payment. And the payment made on my credit card would just go to the over-all lease amount of the item.

I was also told that I should have called to notify them when I made the payment online in August 2. This was no where stated in the contract nor anyone saying about this to inform them every time I make an online payment! What kind of system do they have? Probably a very crude one that does not ping or inform them if an advance payment has been made.

Anyway, when I requested for the possibility if they can credit instead my double payment to my next due on August 17 and they said cannot do that too. The amount will just be credited to the over-all lease amount of the item. They did not even bother to think what the double payment would mean as an added expense on a tight budget. They never thought about what other uses you could possibly have for that added 157 USD charge.

I have never heard ever of a company that will not revert back a double payment or post it as an advance payment as a policy. A very clear and typical example of a sucker, lying, unprofessional and less compassionate company.

I will never ever do business with this company once the lease contract expires. They thrive out of your misfortunes!

Review about: Progressive Leasing Electronics Leasing.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I liked: Faster application and approval.

I didn't like: Worst billing system.

Comments

ProgressiveLeasingLLC
Progressive Leasing Verified Representative

We apologize for any frustration you have experienced and want to thank you for bringing your concern to our attention. We strive to be above board with our customers and our hope is that we can assist you with this difficulty.

We encourage you to reach out to us at 877-593-2520. We look forward to hearing from you!