Additional Fees
Interest Rate
Privacy and Data Security

Purchased around $650 worth of furniture from Big Lots, and assumed that the payments I made would be paid towards that initial amount. But no, instead the biweekly payments I made were paid towards a balance that was double that, at over $1200.

So, after 6 months when my payments should have come to a halt, they continued to be taken out. Upon signing into my profile with them, I found my balance to still somehow be over $400. Never once was it vocalized to me that my INITIAL BALANCE would be doubled and the ONLY way I could pay the expected price of $650 for my furniture was if I paid it off in full in 90 days. In fact, I was told by the person in Big Lots that I had 6 months before any form of interest would begin to accrue.

Figuring that it would be paid off in those 6 months anyway, as it should have been, I didn't worry about the possibility of interest. I did the "early pay off" option and paid $220 so avoid paying off the other $210, but that $220 that I paid was on top of $700 that I had already paid them, so my $650 purchase came out to over $900. I will never, NEVER lease anything through Progressive again, as the entire practice of what they did here is despicable. There was nothing indicating that I would begin payments at a cost of over $1200.

All the contract said was that, if and only if I should take the full 12 month lease period to pay it off would it end up costing me that much.

The way it was worded and the way it was explained to me in the store, my $100 a month should have been going towards the initial $650 price. I have no idea how it's legal to take a $650 lease and automatically double it without any indication that that is what they were doing.

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $300. This person is overall dissatisfied with Progressive Leasing. The most disappointing about progressive leasing furniture leasing at Progressive Leasing was cost doubled, unclear policy and predatory practice Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Progressive Leasing.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Financial Services category for more informed decision or compare Progressive Leasing to other companies on our site.

Comments

ProgressiveLeasingLLC
Progressive Leasing Verified Representative

Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention. We strive to be above board with our customers and our hope is that we can assist you with your concerns.

If you would like to discuss your concern with us, please give us a call at 877-593-2520. We appreciate your time.

to ProgressiveLeasingLLC Washington, District Of Columbia, United States #1264877

Progressive leasing are a bunch of crooks, they did the same thing to me without any explanation of the agreement. I have not received a copy of my contract and instead of a 650$ purchase for a used mattress and a head board it's now costing me upwards of 1200$.

DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH PROGRESSIVE LEASING. Also their customer service will more or less tell you "oh well" after calling them and the furniture store they can't do a *** thing. They will rob you blind.

No not use progressive leasing. And I will be extremely vocal about this until you fix your contract.

ProgressiveLeasingLLC
to Anonymous #1264905
Progressive Leasing Verified Representative

The number listed above is a direct line to a Customer Relations Manager. By calling that line, you may discuss situations such as this. Please give us a call at 877-593-2520 so we can be best equipped to assist you.