December 12, 2014 I was approved for a laptop at conns 7736 Farm to Market 1960, Houston, TX 77070. I witnessed the sales person speaking with progressive on the phone stating, "have the customer call back in three days to switch the paydays the end of the of the month but there have to be a three day waiting period from the time of purchase". Ok, I understood this, so I signed a contract with the 90 day payoff and also the early payoff.

Three days later which was on a Wednesday I called progressive and spoke with Stacey ext# 3789. Stacey viewed my contract and then proceeded to inform me that my contract was not correct, due to the type of account I have I am not able to get the 90 day or early pay off plans. I explained to Stacey that the Conns printed the contract from progressive and if it is not valid then I will need sign another contract or return the merchandise. Stacey was very very nice and sympathetic, she placed me on hold for a while and stated that I need to call Conns in order to return the merchandise and progressive will honor the return.

I immediately called Conns and spoke with the sales person that sold me the laptop, he said he was going to call progressive because he did not print out my contract and call me right back. The sales person never returned my call. I waited a few days before returning a call to progressive and to my surprise I spoke with the young lady (progressive rep) that spoke with the Conns sales person a few day before about my contract. The progressive rep told me the Conns sales person called and when she began to explain to him that my contract was incorrect and that I was unable to be approved for the 90 da and early pay off, the conns sales person disconnected in the middle of the call and never returned a call to me or progressive.

My issue as a consumer: I am currently stuck paying $4000 for a $1500 laptop. When I signed my lease with progressive I was told by the Conns sales person and it is also in my contract that I would have the ability to pay it of in 90 days or early.

Progressive finance call my phone late at night for a payment, they constantly call. This is not good customer service from conns or progressive and I would like to return the equipment. I prefer to not be told “maybe or we might be able to take laptop back”. I do understand that I signed a lease but I did not agree to pay $4000 for a $1500 laptop,that would be crazy on my part.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

South Jordan, Utah, United States #965622

Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention. If you have indeed posted this concern regarding “Progressive Financial” you may wish to contact them at 800-566-3053.

However, based on the details of your concern we believe you meant to address “Progressive Leasing”.

Progressive Leasing provides a unique No Credit Needed lease purchase option. We are a lease company not a finance company – we do not charge interest and we do not provide loans. We partner with retailers all over the country to provide consumers with another ownership option.

We strive to be above board with our customers and our hope is that we can assist you with your concerns. You can find more information on us by visiting www.progleasing.com.

If you would like to discuss your concern with us, please give us a call at 877-898-1970.

We appreciate your time.