1.1K views

Purchased a $80 patio set (3 piece) with "same as cash" from Big Lots. They approved my credit line to $1170.00 Thank God I didn't purchase no more than what I did purchase. I purchase two pillows to go inside the chairs and the total amount of my purchase was $120.

After a couple of days, I decided to go ahead and pay off the balance, since the girl at Big Lots told me if I paid off the account within 90 days, it would be "same as cash".

Well, when I looked at my account, there was a $100. charge added to it, and I can't seem to make contact to find out why that was tagged on my "same as cash" balance.

So, in order for me to pay off my account, I will have to pay $220. and if I take it to full term, it will cost me $400. How does one get away with that? This will never happen again. I filed a consumer complaint and waiting to see what they say. This is not fair!

Product or Service Mentioned: Progressive Leasing Furniture Leasing.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Being misinformed, Outrageous rates screwing people.

Comments

Nothing has changed. Either I pay the $400 after July 17th, or I pay the balance I owe not, which is $186.00

NOTHING has been resolved.

It's a lease and not a purchase. I didn't want a lease. I was PURCHASING!

Anyway, Lesson learned. NEVER use Progressive Financing.

Their rates are horrible. They give you a credit line, but they don't inform you that its for LEASING the items instead of purchasing the item (s).

BEWARE!