Progressive Leasing - Review about Samsung Galaxy S6 Financing from Dallas, Texas

I just financed a Samsung Galaxy S6 that is about $700.The girl at the store said my payments would be $40 every 2 weeks which is fine.

The very next day Progressive Leasing took out $73.13 from my bank account. When I called they said my payment amount would be $76.06 every 2 weeks. I never received a contract stating anything!! Tell me why when it's all said and done Id be paying $1,824 for this phone?!?!

I understand when you finance something there will be interest but my lord $1,800 for a phone?? That's ridiculous. When I called back to see if there was anything they could do they said I could return the phone. They were no help whatsoever.

They rather have you take your merchandise back than work with you so they can still receive payments. Complete bs if you ask me. I will definitely be returning this phone and I will be getting my money back that they took.

Never would I recommend them and I will warn people to watch out for their name when financing.They will receive *** if I don't get my money back as well.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Feb 20 #1115011

Jun 17, 2015 #996475 Avondale, Arizona

Ots not progressivrs fault the store should explain more clearly how it works. Obviously they didnt

1 1 Reply

Jun 08, 2015 #992697 South Jordan, Utah

At Progressive Leasing we strive to be above board with our customers and our hope is that we can assist you with your concerns.
If you would like to discuss your concern with us, please give us a call at 877-593-2520. We appreciate your time.

2 0 Reply

Jun 08, 2015 #992694 South Jordan, Utah

Progressive Leasing provides a unique No Credit Needed lease option. We are a lease company not a finance company – we do not charge interest and we do not provide loans. We partner with retailers all over the country to provide consumers with another ownership option. We strive to be above board with our customers and our hope is that we can assist you with your concerns.

Jun 07, 2015 #992175 Roanoke, Virginia

Hey buddy, pay it off in 90 days and you'll only have to pay 840.00 plus whatever sales tax. It gave you the option to read the lease agreement 3 times. The store may have told you false info but that's why you use your brain. Have a good day.

3 2 Reply

Jun 07, 2015 #992377 Dallas, Texas

And how was I suppressed to read the agreement if I never got it smart ***?? When I did receive it it wasn't my signature.

1 0 Reply

Dec 19, 2015 #1081213 Tacoma, Washington

"When I did receive it it wasn't my signature." The same thing happened to me.

May 28, 2015 #988985

Where you bought the phone is probably more helpful than knowing that Progressive financed it. You picked the store and the store sold your contract, obviously for more than you paid for the phone.
I'd like to know the name of the store so I can avoid their shady deals with finance companies.

1 0 Reply

May 28, 2015 #988909

Yeah man, leasing companies NEVER actually sell you the product for what retail cost is - generally, when all is said and done, you end up paying 2.5 - 5 times what the item actually retails for. You are far better off just taking the $40 every 2 weeks and sticking it into a savings account/piggy bank/mattress until you have the $700 to buy one outright at a regular store. These leasing companies count on people wanting something right away that they can't afford who generally have poor savings habits in order for their predatory pricing practices to work. You can try, but I'm certain you will not see your money returned to you. It is a sad situation, and I have a good friend that constantly "buys" items this way, even though I've explained to him how much he could save if he just saved up for a month or 2 and bought it outright. My best advice is to never, EVER, step foot into a leasing store again. They will ALWAYS charge far more than the retail cost of the item, and when you return the phone, they will have it to sell to their next victim.

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.