With Company response Not resolved
4.6
Additional Fees
Interest Rate
Privacy and Data Security

Everyone on her complaining should really read what the program is. NOWHERE in Big Lots does it say "90 days same as cash" with Progressive Leasing.

It does say: you have the option to pay off in 90 days and pay 10% or $50 dollars over the original purchase price. This fee does not go to Big Lots. It goes to Progressive Leasing for you using their money to purchase the furniture. There is no credit check,just bank verification.

They do not send your information to the credit bureau's, but you can request,at pay off, a letter to send to the CB yourself. If you would take the time to read the contract that you sign you would know ALL of this information because it is clearly written in it. Once you sign the contract and your first payment is accepted Progressive now owns the merchandise, not Big Lots. It is actually a good way to purchase from Big Lots or any other company that offers this program.

Lots of people who are buying homes and cant take the hit on their credit use this program. It isnt just for people with litttle or no credit. If you understand what ypu are reading and signing then there are no surprises. If you recieved incorrect info from the store you should bring it to someones attention.

But before you do that, realize you signed the contract saying you know and understand what you are entering into.

There are even 5 or 6 points that you must initial saying that you understand what you are about to sign.

Product or Service Mentioned: Progressive Leasing Leasing.

Company wrote 0 private and 1 public responses to the review from Sep 09, 2016.

Comments

Reston, Virginia, United States #1243109

I totally agree with everthing you just stated. I have use progressive twice and paid my items off within 90 days.

Not one problem did I ever have with them. No ONE

Goose Creek, South Carolina, United States #1219802

You OBVIOUSLY must be one of the pions within the ripoff company! If the company meant no deceit in how they explain the financial obligations to customers then they would have written the terms simple and clear so that there is no misinterpretation and the customer is fully aware of the payment terms.

No person of sound mind would ever lease something knowing that the purchase price doubles after the 90 day same as cash expires. I'm a firm believer what you do comes back full circle,so this ripoff company will at some point see a shutdown with all the complaints and poor business practices!

to Anonymous Maumee, Ohio, United States #1224318

The terms are written clearly,in plain English, if you read them. Don't work for either company but chose not to use after I read the entire contract.

So if you can't read, or can't comprehend what you read, then you shouldn't sign to a accept the terms of the contract. It isn't 90 days same as cash. And nowhere does it say it is. It says you can take and early pay off at 90 days and pay 10% or $50 (which ever is greater) over the original purchase price.

All spelled out plainly in the contract. This is their fee for you using their money to make the purchase. The contract is for one year and you will pay almost double the original price should you take the entire year to pay off.

Again, all in plainly written at the beginning of the contract. It all comes down to reading and understanding what you sign.

to Anonymous Maumee, Ohio, United States #1243165

It ISN'T 90 days same as cash!!!! I don't work for either company.

But I know how to read what I sign. Better yet, I understand what I read.

ProgressiveLeasingLLC
to Anonymous #1243847
Progressive Leasing Response

Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention. We strive to be above board with our customers and our hope is that we can assist you with your concerns.

If you would like to discuss your concern with us, please give us a call at 877-593-2520. We appreciate your time.

to Progressive Leasing Response Maumee, Ohio, United States #1244245

No problem with Progressive. Problem is with the people who don't take the time to read and understand what they are signing.