With Company response Not resolved
1.2
Additional Fees
Interest Rate
Privacy and Data Security

I purchased Patio furniture in the Amount of $800.00 in March. They've been taking $67.00 bi-weekly since then.

They've never sent me any paperwork in the mail, and no emails although Big Lots said they would. I decided to google them and find their toll free number to check my balance and it said I owe $1,266.00???!! Seriously, where the *** had my money gone?!! How it is possible that I owe more right now than was it was worth??

How much of this money has gone toward the actual principle?? Never Again I SWEAR!!

I'm reporting them to the BBB ASAP!!! This is robbery at it's finest!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Progressive Leasing Furniture Leasing.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Company wrote 1 public responses to the review from Jul 22, 2016.

Comments

This is exactly my situation, too. Purchase amount was 799.

I have been paying for 6 months and decided to try and find out my balance because it should be about paid off. WRONG. My total was somehow doubled to 1647 and even though I pay 140 a month, somehow my buyout option is still 640. Sooo..

I have already paid 140x6 months = 840 and they want another 640 to buy out early, so I am still paying 1500 for a 799 purchase. The reason, they say, is due to the "lease multiple" which doubles the price. It is just a way to get around a high interest rate - they say it is the cost of using their "service." We were never told this when making the initial purchase. We were never told anything about a "lease multiple" or anything else that would make our total double in price.

We were only told of a 10% fee, plus $50, which would be added to the total. This is no different than predatory lending. I will be filing a complaint with the State Attorney General, in my state and theirs, as well as with the FTC and BBB. My complaint will be against both Big Lots and Progressive, as Big Lots never, ever, mentioned anything like this at all.

All info must be disclosed at the time of entering into the contract and that was never done. We would have NEVER agreed to anything like this, ever.

ProgressiveLeasingLLC
South Jordan, Utah, United States #1190952
Progressive Leasing Response

Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention. We strive to be above board with our customers and our hope is that we can assist you with your concerns.

If you would like to discuss your concern with us, please give us a call at 877-593-2520. We appreciate your time.