1K views
5.0

My husband and I purchased our furniture using Progressive Finance in Feb 2014. We thought we could have it paid off in 90 days since that is what they give you to pay it same as cash.

We ended up having to move again within 60 day of our original move thus causing a set back of more than 90 days. This is where they get you. If not paid in the 90 days then you the consumer are paying DOUBLE the amount of the original sold amount. So, my husband and I decided that $200 per month was bit steep to continue doing for a year.

We called progressive to tell them to come get the furniture. We were told by the CSR that it would cost us DOUBLE again to have them retrieve the furniture. He told the CSR that $200 was too much per month and asked if they could help. The CSR revised our payments to $52.54 per month due on the 30th.

That sounded great. June- paid, July- paid, August paid, Sept- phone call that we are behind. My husband explained the revision and the CSR said ok. Sept- paid, October- phone call.

Told that we have 5 days to pay off the full amount or our account will be charged off and the furniture possibly reposessed. We asked about the revision. We were told that was a favor from Progressive to help us out and even though all my documentation shows it was extended out until 2018, it was only supposed to be a short term favor and that they are sorry the CSR that revised the payments did not explain that to us. We were also told that they do not revise anything and that the original contract is what they go by.

WHY should i be charged off if I am making every payment original and revised? Why should i possibly lose my furniture that i have not missed a payment on? The CSR said that they could not give us a definitive answer on whether the recovery team will persue trying to get the furniture. I am not trying to get away with anything.

Make my revised and AGREED upon payments and keep my furniture. I have all documentation showing the revision going to 2018. Progressive Finance needs to go be haulted.

They have an annual revenue of $15,800,000.00 just by over charging people.

Review about: Progressive Leasing Leasing.

Preferred solution: keep my account open and let me continue to make the payments.

Comments

You just need to read your contract before signing it.