With Company response Not resolved
Additional Fees
Interest Rate
Privacy and Data Security

Our purchase amount was 799.

I have been paying for 6 months and decided to try and find out my balance because it should be about paid off.

WRONG. My original starting total was somehow doubled to 1647 and even though I pay about34/35 a week, somehow my buyout option is still 640.

Sooo.. I have already paid $34x29weeks = 986 and they want another 640 to buy out early, so I am still paying $1629 for a $799 purchase. The $799 is already including tax, too.

The reason it is doubled, they say, is due to the "lease multiple" which doubles the price.

It is just a way to get around a high interest rate - they say it is the "cost of using their service."

We were never told this when making the initial purchase. We were never told anything about a "lease multiple" or anything else that would make our total double in price. We were only told of a 10% fee, plus $50, which would be added to the total.

This type of "leasing" and the so called "lease multiple" is no different than predatory lending.

I will be filing a complaint with the State Attorney General, in my state and theirs, as well as with the FTC and BBB. My complaint will be against both Big Lots and Progressive, as Big Lots never, ever, mentioned anything like this at all. All info must be disclosed at the time of entering into the contract and that was never done. We would have NEVER agreed to anything like this, ever.

We were never provided anything that showed a total price of $1600+ or any type of interest rate, or any type of fees, other than being verbally told about the 10% plus $50 charge.

This is an outrageous "cost of using service." Even predatory lenders weren't ripping off consumers THIS bad. It is absurd. This is the equivalent of a 100% interest rate. Unbelievable.

This reviewer shared experience about pricing issue and wants this business to issue a partial refund. This person is overall dissatisfied with Progressive Leasing. The most disappointing about progressive leasing leasing at Progressive Leasing was total purchase price is doubled Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Progressive Leasing.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Financial Services category for more informed decision or compare Progressive Leasing to other companies on our site.

Comments

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1248564

I got my stuff from art van funiture!!!!

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1248563

It seems to me that it more then doubled and they go in your acct and debit when ever they want to. I get that they are letting get what you want, however they tag my acct 3 times in an 11 day time frame telling me I was behind NOT!!!!!! I have been on the phone with them extensively and they still say a bunch of hot air!

to Girl in the big city South Jordan, Utah, United States #1250398
Progressive Leasing Response

We apologize for the trouble you have had and would like to help. The number 877-593-2520 is a direct number to our Customer Relations Managers.

By calling that line, you may discuss situations such as this.

We strive to be above board with our customers. Our hope in this situation, as it is with each concern that is brought to our attention, is that we can assist you with resolving your concerns.

Dallas, Texas, United States #1246042

Again, the contract is available and you should have read it. Why do you think they're going to offer you such a deal for free?

Yes there's interest, yes it's astronomical, but you have 90 days to pay it off with no interest.

Six months later ... yeah, it's gonna double.

Baltimore, Maryland, United States #1237610

I was told by Big Lots that I needed to call progressive as soon as I left the store with my sofa so that I could choose the 90 day option... If I wouldnt have called I would have paid double but you had to call them to choose that option.

Duluth, Georgia, United States #1236642

I agree with reporting their ***. I am reporting them 1st thing in the morning.

to Anonymous #1237724
Progressive Leasing Response

We apologize if something occurred that was unexpected. Our hope is that we can assist you with resolving your concerns.

Please give us a call at 877-593-2520. We appreciate your time.

playsalot671
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #1234871

Sorry to hear your story, I am a customer of Progressive Finance, your issue seems to be with Big Lots, as I am assuming they never gave you a copy of your contract with Progressive. I have had nothing but happiness in the 4 times i have used Progressive, and YES, if you go past the 90 day option, as you say you had, it is VERY VERY costly.

there formula is on par with a Rent a Center type purchase except that they cover many many different retailers so that we may have more choice in product as consumers. I hope that you might request a copy of your contract from Big Lots, and review it, as Progressive and Their services rely HEAVILY upon the retailer providing you the correct terms at the point of sale.

Progressive Leasing Response

Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention. We strive to be above board with our customers and our hope is that we can assist you with your concerns.

If you would like to discuss your concern with us, please give us a call at 877-593-2520. We appreciate your time.