I used Progressive Leasing recently to purchase a bedroom set, included a mattress and it has been the worst experience of my financial life. The terms were not explained fully by the associate at Big Lots, plus I was not told the difference between the lease and a loan. You see when they start off they tell you of a great way to pay your purchase without having to give up so much on the spot. You only pay the signup fee of about $53. I was so excited, because honestly I could have paid the whole amount of my purchase, around $1,900 but I had future items I wanted to purchase and maybe this way it would help me out. Wow, what a mistake I am going to end up paying more than double of what the cost of the items were, the total amount projected is $4,369! The issue was that the employee did not mention the total cost of the lease once the 90 days were done. I at the time was under the impression that after 90 days and they taking automatic payments from my bank account every two weeks that the cost of the items would be paid off, they would adjust that automatically for 90 days then contact me, but boy was I wrong!

I am so disgusted by the shady way that this is presented and the way they take advantage of hard working people who are sacrificing a lot financially just to go out and make this type of purchase and then to be railroaded into paying more than double of what the cost of the item was, that is totally cruel and it should be illegal.

As a note as of today, September 21, 2018 I have paid over $2000 plus the $53 fee on an item that was originally supposed to cost me $1900. And if I continue on the lease I will end up paying over $4300.

I have called them and they offered to pay out early if I can come up with a remaining $1300. Yeah sure where am I going to get that? I pay almost $200 every two weeks to Progressive, I have had to get a second job just to make it per month. I sacrificed a lot!! Its very scary! I totally suggest to people that if you are going to enter into something with progressive because you are searching for help to pay off an item them try looking someplace else.

Totally Distraught

RRamos

Product or Service Mentioned: Progressive Leasing Leasing.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Company wrote 0 private and 1 public responses to the review from Sep 21.

Comments

ProgressiveLeasingLLC
Progressive Leasing Verified Representative

We want to assist you in any way possible. We strive to provide an excellent customer experience and hope we can do the same for you.

We have searched our system, and unfortunately we couldn’t find a phone number to reach you.

We encourage you to reach out to us at 877-593-2520 so we can resolve this situation for you in a timely manner. We look forward to hearing from you!