Featured Resolved
1.6
Additional Fees
Interest Rate
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Dec 28, 2017

Account was frozen, refund was given. This satisfies me.

Update by user Dec 28, 2017

Progressive Leasing made things right with me. They immediately froze my account and gave me a refund.

I am satisfied. The company appears to be so big that the subsidiary set up a leasing plan and contract that may not be the procedure for the main office in Utah. I will take their word for it. They really did go above and beyond to make sure the wrong was made right.

Thanks for this. This site works.

Original review posted by user Dec 23, 2017

I purchased a phone at for 99.00. I was told that this option, Progressive Leasing, would allow me to pay for it by 12 equal payments of 9.95.

That would be a total of about 118. I nice little 18 percent interest for 1 year which alone is high, but they added about 132 dollars called a "leasing fee!" in other words, 250.00 for a 99 dollar phone, and an initial 9.85 first payment. Incredible. And if you check Ripoff Reports, Consumer Affairs, and Yelp, they have the exact same two sentence response to any complaint made.

... "Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention. We strive to be above board with our customers and our hope is that we can assist you with your concerns.

If you would like to discuss your concern with us, please give us a call at 877-593-2520. We appreciate your time."

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments

ProgressiveLeasingLLC
Progressive Leasing Verified Representative

The number listed is a direct line to a Customer Relations Manager. By calling that line, you may discuss situations such as this.

Our hope in this situation, as it is with each concern that is brought to our attention, is that we can assist you with resolving your concerns. We encourage you to reach out to us at 877-593-2520

ts749349_17
to ProgressiveLeasingLLC #1409875

Note the response above. "we can assist you with resolving your concerns." This is (1) the same type of response given to every complaint on every consumer site that I have checked.

I have never seen one complaint with them resolved. (2) This isn't a 90 days same as cash issue. Someone objected "maybe you just didn't listen." My reply is that the company that partnered with P L just wants to sell phones. The details were not disclosed.

Since the contract came up on a computer screen, the amount of 118.00 is seen at the top of the contract, the dirty details of 9.85 - get this - every two weeks - not what I was told, and the leasing fee, again not communicated to me, made the total price over 250.00. Would only be seen if the seller scrolled down in the contract. It was not in his interest to do that. So I was unaware.

Here is the online definition of a "loan shark"....predatory lending with extremely high interest rates such as payday or title loans. So what is there to talking to them to "resolve your concerns." I may be the squeeky wheel that gets the grease", in this case - I doubt even that will happen, but what about other customers who are being taken advantage of? Two of my credit scores are over 800. I could easily have put this on a credit card.

But the people most being taken advantage of here are those trying to establish their credit. The moment a payment or two is missed, Progressing Leasing will give them a negative credit mark on their credit reporting. Also if you read the contract, they will notify the collection agency to come after us. We have to fight back.

I can see that in our best interest the to Contact Sean Reyes, the Attorney General of Utah. Loan Sharks need to go out of business.